I plan to to have my parents visit me this following Febuary.
Typically, Non-citizen need to have VISA to enter the US. To get VISA, we need to apply.
According to the guide, the overall procedure will be: find the VISA type one needs to apply for; file online application; schedule an interview; pay application fee ;gather required document; attend the interview and finally get the VISA.
My parents are visiting me, so they fit int to the category of B-2 (visit with friends and relatives).
It is the Form DS-160 you need to file out online.
Once online application is done, it is time to schedule an interview.
This is done through some paid phone call service.
Gather Required Documentation
All the document have the same goal: prove that VISA applicants is totally just traveling so they have strong bonds back at home.
Can have three main groups:
- Document from VISA applicant.
- certificates, confirmation letter, appointment letter, proof of income, resume etc.
- Document from the subject applicant is visiting. ( which is me )
- Copy of VISA, copy of I-20, invitation letter, grades, resume etc.
- Document about the relation of above two.
- Saving/checking account, car title letter, house property ownership certificate etc.
Attend the interview
Show up on time, be aware of possible queues at the US ambassador.